(12.23) Two more days of the Providence Art Club’s annual Little Pictures Show and Sale. The show opened last month with over 600 works, none bigger than 16″x16″. It may actually be in the gallery one door down, but ‘The Club House’ always wins the Dose’s ‘Most Christmas-y Facade’ award.
Perhaps the first brick veneer structure in Providence, the three-story dwelling was built by Seril Dodge in 1790 and bought in 1799 by Moses Brown for his son Obadiah. Long known as the Obadiah Brown Brick House, it was first leased to the Providence Art Club in 1886 and deeded to the Art Club in 1906.
Channing Gray writes in the ProJo,
Think of the Providence Art Club’s popular “Little Pictures Show” as the “Nutcracker” of art events, a holiday tradition that dates back more than a century and is the bread and butter for a lot of artists who belong to the venerable institution.
Gallery hours: Noon to 5pm, sale runs through Saturday, December 23, Providence Art Club, 11 Thomas Street, (directions)