This is in addition to, not instead of, the existing network, bringing the total to 20 cameras (most of which seem to be aimed directly at my car). There will be a 30-day grace period at the new sites during which motorists will get a warning. Starting June 6, drivers will be fined $50.
Commuters driving home down Chalkstone Avenue at 5:30pm may be surprised just how slow 20 mph feels. WPRI has the list of locations:
- Plainfield Street (Laurel Hill Annex School)
- 773 Chalkstone Avenue (Nathanael Greene Middle School)
- Hope Street (Hope High School)
- Mount Pleasant Avenue (Mount Pleasant High School)
- Bridgham Street (Providence Career and Technical Academy)
- Branch Avenue (E-Cubed Academy)
The cameras operate on schooldays from 7am to 6pm.
(Seen here is Chalkstone in front of Nathanael Greene School Middle School.)