The Hope Street Farmers Market at Lippitt Park got off to a windy start last week, but it looks like it was well attended. The weather this Saturday looks much more promising. A photo at ABC6 News shows the SCLT City Farm selling six-packs of mixed green and lettuce starts, so keep in mind, this is for gardeners as well as foodies.
Per the Governor: Face masks are required to attend the market.
Organizers have created this list of safety protocols:
- If possible, we encourage you to shop alone and not in a group.
- There will be a hand washing station and hand sanitizer for you to use.
- We will limit and monitor customer entry, and will provide spacing for any line that may form. Vendor tents will be spaced at least 10 feet apart from each other.
- The market will have one entrance and one exit.
- Please do not touch merchandise you are not purchasing.
- Per the RI DEM, we ask that you leave your reusable shopping bags at home and accept the shopping bags from the vendor.
- Please do your essential shopping and head out, maintaining social distance (6 ft. minimum) from other shoppers and vendors, and avoiding congregating at the market.Please pre-order if possible.* see below*
- There is to be no onsite eating or drinking.
- Please stay home if you are sick or think you may have been exposed to illness.
The playground remains closed. Try to do as much preordering as possible: Go here for vendor information for May 16.
Farmers Market, 9am-1pm, Saturdays, Lippitt Park, 1015 Hope Street, (directions)