If you’re interested in knowing what’s going to be happening to your local library branches after June 30th, you might want to check out the forums sponsored by the Providence Community Library over the next couple of weeks. You can hear from both the Providence Community Library and members of the current Library system to hear their respective plans for the future of the branches. The city should be making their decision by next month about who should be running the branches (although if they’ll actually be doing that in a timely manner remains to be seen.)
The forum at Rochambeau happened a couple of weeks ago (and was pretty crowded, as you can see), but here’s the schedule for the rest of them:Tuesday, February 3, 6:30 to 7:30. South Providence Library.
- Wednesday, February 4, 6:00 to 7:00. Smith Hill Library
- Tuesday, February 10, 7:00 to 8:00. Mount Pleasant Library.
- Wednesday, February 11, 6:30-7:30. Knight Memorial Library
- Tuesday, February 17, 6:30 to 7:30. Fox Point Library
- Wednesday, February 18, 6:30 to 7:30. Olneyville Library
- Thursday, February 19, 6:30 to 7:30. Wanskuck Library